Planning Sustainability Policy
The planning of sustainability policy is done by:
· Industry guidelines
· Industry best practice
· Relevant personnel
· Organizational specifications
· Legislative requirements
· Eco-friendly policy
· Setting up a target
· Making up a strategy
· Community impacts and engagement
Organization’s general principles and philosophies
It builds a customer and store-led culture and team
It generates sustainable sales momentum in Food
Evolving Drinks business to provide more value and convenience to customers
Empowering portfolio businesses to enhance strategies to deliver shareholder value
To become a lean retailer through end-to-end process and systems excellence
Methods and techniques for writing policy
· Writing by Step-by –step listing which is a simple way to make the message visible by listing the main point.
· Play script which helps to make a procedure visible and understandable to the reader.
· Action condition logic is a technique for writing both policies and procedures containing if-then situation.
· Decision tables
Advantages of sustainable policy in business
· It helps to Save money and improve productivity.
· It Integrate environmental strategies with business planning.
· It helps to use resources more efficiently and effectively.
· It train and engage staff members.
· It enhances relationships with suppliers, customers and communities.
· It helps to protect environment by measuring their carbon footprint and manage their emissions.
· It helps broaden the network by meeting and sharing ideas with staff members in the same industry and region.
The key stakeholders involved in this organization are:
· organized business
· NGO’s and community interest groups
It is largest supermarket chain in Australia. It Operates 995 stores across Australia which relies on the 115,000 team members in stores, distribution centers and support offices to provide customers with superior service, range, value and convenience.
Woolworths prides ion working with Australian growers and farmers to ensure the best products are available to customers. Sourcing 96% of all fresh fruit and vegetables and 100% of fresh meat from Australian farmers and growers which makes Woolworths Australia’s Fresh Food People.
As one of Australia’s most innovative retailers, it understands that consumers are looking for new, simple ways to shop. Consumers can shop from the comfort of their computer at home or on the train on their way home from work using the Woolworths Supermarket App and the best part is, their groceries can be delivered straight to the kitchen bench.
The purpose of the sustainability policy is to develop strategies for:
· Minimizing resource use
· Reducing toxic material and hazardous chemical use
· Employing life cycle management approaches
· Promoting sustainability principles
· Raising awareness among stakeholders
· Training staff in sustainability principles and techniques
Environmental Sustainability Policy Statement:
It is the Australia’s largest companies, it manages its operations and develop new stores which makes an enormous difference in protecting our environment for future generations.
That’s why they’re taking comprehensive action to reduce our environmental impact and become a sustainable retailer.
Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements
Ø Green store
Ø It will have at least a 25% reduction in carbon emissions per square meter of the store.
Ø Half of its emission were from refrigeration so to combat this it has introduced a wide range of initiatives to improve its refrigeration efficiency and cut its carbon emissions.
Switching to Gas
Ø Using natural gas in bakeries and chicken cookers will reduce energy consumption while still providing the same high-quality products to our customers
Using air conditioning which helps to save energy by heating stores and re-using heat generated from the running of refrigeration systems
Ø Introducing external LED light and motion sensors so to provide safe levels of lighting as well as reducing emissions.
Ø Harvesting rainwater at large Distribution Center which helps to re-use water.
Waste and Recycling
Ø It eliminates food waste which is used to send to landfill and using reusable crates and green bags.
· Environmental Protection Act 1970.
· OTTE Energy Management Reporting.
· Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
· Annual Reporting Requirements, Report on Environmental Performance.
The Key stakeholders of Woolworths are customers, shareholders, employees, franchisees, suppliers, organized business, government, media, unions, NGO’s and community interest groups.
Woolworths Limited commissioned The Centre for Social Impact and Net Balance to conduct a comprehensive and independent materiality assessment for its entire business. The opinions of key stakeholders are taken through surveys which focus groups on issues important to the next decade. Its helps to keep in touch with stakeholder opinion and priorities.
The priority sustainability and corporate responsibility issues likely to materially impact on Woolworths’ business in the coming decade are:
– The responsible use of market power, including support for local farmers and support for local manufacturers.
– Delivering a?ordable safe and fresh food and assisting consumers to make healthier choices.
– Ensuring ethical sourcing and ethical suppliers and communicating these credentials to consumers via appropriate labelling and product information.
– Maintaining a healthy, safe and fair workplace.
– Managing and minimizing environmental externalities, particularly carbon emissions.
– Responsible service of gaming.
The total shareholder is 416,638 whereas estimated employee shareholders is supposed to be 45,000 and total employee working in Woolworths is 202,000. The customer satisfaction as at June 2017 is 78% and the young employees working in Woolworth is 77,000.
Cost and time frame:
The total sales of Woolworth is $55.5 B whereas gross profit % of sales is 28.71% and the net finance cost is 21.2%.
· If there is no food safety, then it may cause serious harm to customers.
· Increased level of armed robbery affects retail stores and it might threat to safety of customers as well as workers.
Existing organizational policies such as equal employment opportunity, OHS and equity and diversity policies
Principles and practices of sustainability management relevant to the industry
Industry best practice
Available tools and techniques of sustainability management
Continuous improvement in resource efficiency
The company should guarantee the customer security and the product must be safe so the consumer can happily use the product. The product must be durable and it must not hazardous to health of customers.
According to review it seems that 536 people like this company where as 246 people feel bad. We can clearly distinguish that the company receive positive feedbacks cause according to the feedbacks most of the people like the company.
The Sustainability Policy will be implemented and communicated in the following ways:
Building a customer and store-led culture and team
Generating sustainable sales momentum in Food
Evolving our Drinks business to provide even more value and convenience to customers
Empowering our portfolio businesses to pursue strategies to deliver shareholder value
Becoming a lean retailer through end-to-end process and systems excellence
Checking of bills to conform the reduction of energy usage.